Tucson Income Tax Preparation and Accounting/Payroll Services • (520) 298-1010

About TaXtrac

Kimberly DangremondKimberly Dangremond, EA

Kim Dangremond has been a tax professional for 20 years. She is the recipient of an IRS Exemplary ERO award, has a husband and two daughters, and has been a resident in the Tucson community for 45+ years.

Kim MapleKim Maple

Kim Maple has worked in some capacity of the accounting field since 1976. Her experience encompasses a banking background (operations and platform), bookkeeping and tax preparation. She has been with TaXtrac, Inc. since 2006.

Kim lives in Vail, AZ with her husband and kitty, Gray Cat.


What does the term "Enrolled Agent" mean?
"Enrolled" means EAs are licensed by the federal government. "Agent" means EAs are authorized to appear in place of the taxpayer at the Internal Revenue Service. Only EAs, attorneys and CPAs may represent taxpayers before the IRS. The Enrolled Agent profession dates back to 1884 when, after questionable claims had been presented for Civil War losses, Congress acted to regulate persons who represented citizens in their dealings with the Treasury Department.

How can an EA help me?
EAs advise, represent and prepare tax returns for individuals, partnerships, corporations, estates, trusts and any entities with tax-reporting requirements. EAs prepare millions of tax returns in a typical year. EAs' expertise in the continually changing field of tax law enables them to effectively represent taxpayers audited by the IRS.

What are the differences between EAs and other tax professionals?
Only EAs are required to demonstrate to the Internal Revenue Service their competence in matters of taxation before they may represent a taxpayer before the IRS. Unlike attorneys and CPAs, who may or may not choose to specialize in taxes, all EAs specialize in matters of taxation. EAs are also the only taxpayer representatives who receive their right to practice from the United States government. (CPAs and attorneys are licensed by the states.)